Ajo Unified School District #15 is a small, public school district enrolling 420 students from preschool to 12th grade. All of our students, from PreK to high school, share one campus in the heart of Ajo, Arizona.
Our PreK–12 student body is culturally diverse with a population that is 56% Latino, 25% Native American, 14% White, and 5% Asian. Nearly 80% of our student body participates in the federal free and reduced lunch program. As diverse as our student body is, we share a single vision for them all—to graduate every student college and career ready.
Ajo Unified School District endeavors to provide an atmosphere conducive to the mental, physical, and moral development of our student by offering a balanced curriculum of academic and extracurricular activities. The purpose of educating the youth of the community is to prepare them to:
- Be successful in life
- Be active participants in a democratic society
- Rise to or exceed the next entry level of our education system
- Maintain and increase their awareness of their cultural heritage and differences
Here at Ajo USD, academic performance drives:
- Leadership - The leadership team manages and supports strong academic performance.
- Design - Everything about a school's design, from its schedule and curriculum to its instruction strategies, helps all students achieve high academic standards.
- Culture - To succeed academically, students need and deserve a culture that is highly disciplined, tightly structured, and motivating.
- Decision - School leaders base decisions at every level of a school's operation on careful measurement and analysis of student achievement.
- Performance - Standardized testing combined with district benchmarking and end-of-course assessments provide essential incentives and guidance for student academic performance.