Ajo Unified School District

Food Services

The Ajo Unified School District proudly provides nutritious lunches for all students who chose to eat on campus. Visit this page often to view updated menu information.

breakfast and lunch program

The Ajo Unified School District has been selected to participate in a breakfast and lunch program that would allow every student to eat at the cafeteria at no cost! To accomplish this, we need to equal or increase our 82% free and reduced application approval from last year.

This program is called Provision 2 and is sponsored by the Arizona Department of Education and the United States Department of Agriculture. If we reach our 82% application approval for free and reduced meals from last year, this no-cost program will be available on a five-year cycle. This means no cost, free meals at Ajo schools for all kindergarten through 12th grade students automatically for the next five years. We need your help to make this happen! 

We sent parents and guardians an application for free and reduced priced meals on July 1, 2019. Parents and guardians need to fill out the application and return it to the school to make sure that all Ajo school students can eat at the cafeteria at no cost to parents and guardians. All applications are due by August 23, 2019. A self-addressed stamped envelope was provided for you in the July 1 mailing. Please turn in and submit your application even if you feel you do not qualify or if your student brings their lunch and/or breakfast. 

Applications are available in the school office, the cafeteria, and the district office. If you have any questions about this program, please call (520) 387.5618.

Free/Reduced Lunches

We want all students to have access to a healthy lunch and breakfast. If your child qualifies for free/reduced lunch and breakfast, please complete and submit the application.

USDA Non-Discrimination Policy

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877.8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632.9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690.7442; or (3) email.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.