Welcome to the Ajo Special Education page! Our department aims to provide meaningful education for all of our special needs students and to support parents, teachers, and schools in this endeavor. Student success is our success.
Beliefs & Standards
We provide individualized special education services according to the following beliefs and standards:
- We support our students in the least restrictive environment (LRE) possible.
- Access to general education opportunities is the right of every student.
- All students are part of the school community.
- We align the participation and progress of our special education curriculum to state standards, facilitated through instructional best practices and IEP guidelines.
- Students learn and grow in an inclusive environment
Supplemental Educational Services
Students in the Ajo Unified School District No. 15 qualify for Supplemental Educational Services (SES) through an allocation of Title I funding the district receives. This service is in the form of extra tutoring support. Students and parents may contact the school director’s office to receive more information. Visit the Arizona Department of Education for more information about SES.
Special Projects Secretary